Title: Transformations Institute Director and International Coach, Therapist, and Trainer
Holistic Approaches Include:
- Transformational Assimilation Process (TAP)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Personal and Corporate NLP Coaching
- Effective Communication and Influencing Skills
- Clinical Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) & Meridian Therapies
- Transpersonal approaches based on Eastern Philosophy and Psychology, including Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism and Chinese Yoga
- Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong
- Integrative Breathwork
- Private Consultations for Individuals
- Awareness-raising Workshops & Seminars
- Corporate Wellness Programmes and Communication Skills Training
- International Society of NLP Licensed Trainings in NLP and NLP Coaching
- Internationally Accredited Training in Integrative Psychotherapy, including: Client-Centred Counselling, CBT, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Meridian Therapies, and Breathwork, leading to the award of UK-accredited Diplomas.
Languages Spoken: English
Certifications and Qualifications:
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, Plymouth School of Art & Design
- B.A.(Hons) 2.1 Environmental Design (with English Minor), Plymouth University
- M.A. Education modules focused on Students with Sensory Impairments, Physical Disabilities, and Specific Learning Difficulties, Plymouth University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Further Education (PGCFE), Keele University
- Rebirthing Breathwork Therapist, Holistic Rebirthing Institute (HRI), London
- Level 2 Reiki, Ingrid St Clare Authentic Reiki® Master, Authorized Instructor of The Radiance Technique®
- Certified in Touch for Health, Brian Butler, Applied Kinesiology
- Brain Gym® Foundation Course, Educational Kinesiology, Edu-K
- Certified Instructor in Technologies for Creating, DMA and Fritz Consulting
- Certified Instructor in Healing Tao, Master Mantak Chia, Universal Healing Tao
- Certified Level 2 Instructor in Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong (with martial endorsement), Yong Quan Tai Chi Association
- Energy Awareness Training, School of Energy Awareness
- Licensed NLP Master Practitioner and Trainer, international Society of NLP™
- Licensed Coach Trainer, international Society of NLP™
- Certificate in PhotoReading, Learning Strategies Corporation
- Certificated training in MindMapping, Radiant Thinking, and Memory Techniques, Tony Buzan International
- Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy, Austin Training, London
- Diploma in Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy, Gil Boyne (NGHE, USA)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy for HIV/AIDS & Immunity Disorders, international Hypnosis Health Service
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), ACHE International
- Diploma in Eating Disorders and OCD, ACHE International
- Certificate in the Psychology of Depression, ACHE International
- Certificate in Gastric Mind Band and Pause Button Therapy, Elite Clinics
- Certified Advanced Practitioner and Trainer of Emotional Freedom Techniques, Gary Craig, EFT International
- Certificate in Satir Model Counselling for Individuals, Couples and Families, Satir Institute for Professional Development, Canada, accredited by the Canadian Counsellors and Psychotherapists Association (CCPA)
- Trained in Evaluating Truth and Credibility (ETaC) and Emotional Skills and Competencies (ESaC) for Paul Ekman International (PEI) in association with the Emotional Intelligence Academy (EIA), UK
- Trainer in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Counselling, accredited by: EICH, NRAH, NCP, ACHE, General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC)
- Numerous and ongoing courses, workshops, CPD events, and activities.
Current and Previous Memberships, Public Service and Honours:
- Fellow and Approved Trainer, the Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (APHP)
- Accredited Member, National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors
- Member of the British Rebirthing Society
- Member of the Advisory Board to Austin Training International
- Honored with the “School of the Year” award in 2015 and 2017 as co-Founder of Transformations Institute, out of the global network of APHP-accredited schools.
Phil is a father, grandfather, and great-grandfather and has had a very varied and eclectic career. Son of a spiritual healer and a trance medium his first love was painting and he worked as a Sculptor’s Assistant. He went on to build meditation chalets in the Alps at Chamonix for the Western Sufi Order Summer Camp projects and spent time in Jerusalem studying with a Sufi Sheikh before going to work on a geodesic dome and constructing A-frame dwellings in County Cork, Ireland. He played tabla and percussion instruments to a semi-professional standard as well as working in the construction industry for some time, specializing in creative carpentry and joinery before moving on to managerial roles in education projects for apprentices. He practiced and taught Tai Chi, martial arts, and Qi Gong for many years having studied Eastern philosophy and psychology since his childhood. He undertook training in the Mahayana Buddist practice of Pho Wa and was personally trained and certified as an Instructor in the Universal Healing Tao by its founder, Master Mantak Chia.
Phil trained as a therapist and as an educator and was co-Founder of the North London Therapy Centre specializing in breathwork and the Total Relaxation Centre, UK. He also co-founded the Stonehenge Project, gaining support from English Heritage to prepare a pilot project for large-scale multi-media healing events to be held in sacred sites.
Phil also spent many years developing approaches to support people with a wide range of physical and learning difficulties, applying his skills in environmental design to conduct access audits, create sensory facilities for social services, and community workshop provision for a national charity. He was an accredited Assessor for Local Education Authorities, trained in Kinesiology and Brain Gym, and went on to establish learning support and skills development services in further education colleges and universities in the UK where he led a government-funded project described as a “model of good practice” by the Head of the National Disability Team.
Phil has a longstanding interest in transpersonal models of the psyche and is a committed student of the work of C.G. Jung and the practice of “active imagination”. He is an enthusiastic, energetic, and popular trainer who uses humor and fun to stimulate the learning centers in the brain and applying the principles of positive psychology and emotional intelligence to establish rapport and communicate with his clients and students. He is interested in synthesis and creating effective techniques and structures that enable people to be able to develop new ways of thinking and feeling and to free themselves from limiting beliefs and attitudes.
Together with his life and professional partner, Dr. Leila, Phil runs a center in Morocco and is working on preparing training materials and a book based on his original method, the Transformational Assimilation Process (TAP). He is very pleased to be able to continue his work in the GCC through his association with Illuminations.
Upcoming Events with Phil:
Book a Free/Paid Consultation
Use our online booking system to conveniently book your private consultation.
Service is available in English & Arabic.