The Power of Sound Healing
Have you ever woken up to the sound of birds chirping merrily and felt as though it was going to be a great day? Have you found yourself feeling restless and unable to concentrate when you hear drilling and throbbing from a nearby construction site? Perhaps you feel relaxed when you hear the sound of rain outside. Shut your eyes for a few seconds and pay attention to what you hear from outside your window. Did you know that the sounds you hear can have a major impact on your mood? It probably makes sense when you think of the last time you turned on a little Mozart when you were trying to concentrate or new-age electronic music when you wanted to work out.
Healing with sound is one of the oldest medicinal practices known to humankind. Hindus have long been known to chant mantras; Tibetans use a gong, bowl and a humming voice; the Australian Aborigines use a tool called the didgeridoo, along with clap-sticks. Today, science has found that directed sound can be used for the reduction of stress and the promotion of healing to remove negative energy.
How sound healing works?
According to the law of Physics, everything vibrates. The frequency at which an object naturally vibrates is called the resonance of its sound. As with everything that exists in the universe, our bodies have their natural resonance. Sound healing utilizes a frequency that is conducive for healing and applies it to the energy centers of our bodies, known as the chakras, to alter the vibrations that cause there to be negative energy. The sounds are delivered in different forms, such as humming, chanting, through tuning forks, etc. Sound healing uses bio-resonance to shift the patterns of vibration and their frequencies in the human body. The regulated vibrations have the ability to relax brain-waves, lower heart rate fluctuations, and regulate respiration.
During a sound healing session, the facilitator tunes into different vibrations of your chakras to be able to address the emotional or physical issues. This is done with the help of various instruments, such as Tibetan singing bowls, tuning forks, crystal quartz healing bowls, and gongs. The sound encourages you to enter a meditative state, allowing you to be wholly receptive to healing, even at a cellular level. This allows for the vibrational fluctuations to be reset so as to promote healing of the energy imbalance.
The benefits of sound healing
With sound healing, comes chakra cleansing; and with it comes clean energy. One of the main benefits of sound therapy is the reduction of stress, which is the underlying reason for a vast array of physical or mental health conditions. The vibration patterns move through blockages in your body to promote healing and affect your sympathetic nervous system as your brain waves synchronize with the vibrations of the instruments. The benefits of sound healing for a few of these conditions are listed below:
- Improves sleep
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Stimulates the endocrine glands and regulates hormonal functions
- Encourages a state of deep relaxation
- Lowers high blood pressure and stabilizes it
- Reduces or does away with anxiety
- A deep state of relaxation, ‘Samadhi,’ within minutes.
- Balances your aura and cleanses your chakras
Sound therapy has also been known to cure sleep disorders, physical pain, and autism.
Who is sound healing for?
Sound healing is ideal for you/your loved ones if:
- You wish to manage your pain in the case of chronic disorders and psychosomatic issues.
- You have deeply suffered emotional and/or mental trauma.
- You are critically ill and wish for the pain to be eased
- Your relationships are not going well
- You are depressed or anxious
Sound Healing Training
You can now become a certified sound healing practitioner! To help yourself or someone you love feel the benefits of sound healing, you can sign up for energy healing courses in Dubai or Abu Dhabi at Illuminations, and learn how to practice it from energy healing masters.
Book A Free Consultation
Watch these videos to know more about Sound Healing
Upcoming events on Sound Healing
- Saturday, 7.30 PM to 8.30 PMBalancing Sacral Chakra – Saturday Gong Meditation with Aarti Mehta Office 409, Fortune Executive Towers, Cluster T, Plot T1, Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Tuesday, 7.30 PM to 8.30 PMShamanic Ancestral Healing Journey with Sound Healing Meditation with Gian Carlo Zazzeri Office 409, Fortune Executive Towers, Cluster T, Plot T1, Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Saturday, 7.30 PM to 8.30 PMBalancing Solar Plexus Chakra – Saturday Sound Meditation with Nazish Khan Office 409, Fortune Executive Towers, Cluster T, Plot T1, Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Dubai - United Arab Emirates