The Power of Crystal Healing
Crystals were popular for their healing powers in ancient Egyptian cultures and ancient Greece. Crystal word comes from a Greek word for ice, as they believed clear quartz was frozen ice that remains solid.
Amethyst meant ‘not drunken’ and was used for protection for becoming drunk and getting hangovers. Hematite was used by Greek soldiers as a body rub, believed to make them strong. Jade stones were considered to be lucky by the Chinese and in New Zealand.
Crystals also play an important role in modern day as more and more people are choosing natural healing techniques. Crystals in modern day are understood in two formats. They all have individual healing properties and we also attempt to understand their uses as per chakras or energy centers in the body.
Crystals are used to wear as jewelry or kept in house, offices to bring positive energy in our space. As per the qualities of the crystal, it can bring about different vibrations in our life. Here are some of the popular ones and their properties:
- Long been used for crystal gazing.
- Clear Quartz produces a force field of healing negative ions while clearing the surroundings of positive ions, protecting the aura. It dispels static electricity, and cancels out the harmful effects of radiation and radioactivity. [Melody, 505]
- Clear Quartz brings strength and clarity to the intellect, aiding concentration and memory retention, and filtering out distractions. Its hypnotic quality is conducive to sleep, helping one to understand the messages and lessons conveyed during the dream state. It is also a respected stone for death, included in many cultures in funeral rites and placed in tombs, urns, and sepulchres. [Megemont, 73][Melody, 505][Kunz, 219]
- As an energy saver, Clear Quartz attached to the fuel line in a car is reputed to reduce fuel consumption. [Hall, 225]
- The beautiful clear white light of the white ray is your connection to the Divine Mind.
- It brings clarity to your communication and will amplify your thoughts and may assist you by stimulating clearer thinking.
- It has a strong resonance, which is why it is commonly used by healers as part of crystal healing.
- It has a positive effect on all chakras as it protects the aura and expands the human energy field.
- Although this stone is usually thought of as one of the chakra stones for the higher chakras, it will aid all chakras.
- Also called as Shiv or divine male it is a master stone and is excellent when paired with rose quartz which is called Shakti or divine feminine for soul mate manifestation.
- Resonates to the heart chakra.
- Brings about the energy of love and softens the heart of people in a house.
- Divine feminine energy or Shakti – used to manifest love in your life.
- Lowering stress and tension in the heart, Rose Quartz clears out anger, jealousy, and resentment of others, and allows healing of heart issues and dis-ease associated with holding on to such negative emotions.
- Known as a romance stone, Rose Quartz can be used to attract love.
- Strengthens solar plexus chakra.
- Attracts money.
- Improves immunity.
- Amazing stone for empaths.