Prioritizing Your Mental Health to Better Cope with Covid-19
Last couple of months have been unpredictable for the entire world. We have faced the situations never experienced before, probably seen only in various Hollywood movies. In such times it’s only normal and natural to experience stress and anxiety. Research shows that personality traits such as resilience are vital to how we process the pain and stress in our lives.
Therefore in these times as (COVID -19) mental health should be the first on our list of priorities.
We take care of our physical health, eating well, exercising, socializing, etc. and of course these are important aspects of our existence.
However, If we could add just 30 minutes a day to our busy schedule, practicing a few basic tools, such as:
1. Keeping a Gratitude Journal
In positive psychology, research shows that gratitude helps people improve their health, relationships, build resilience, and increase their sense of happiness.
2. Practicing Mindfulness Daily
Practicing Mindfulness daily decreases the intensity of the stress response. Being in the present moment allows you to shift your mind from worries about the future or the regrets of the past. This sounds quite simple, but mindfulness needs to be practiced daily to be able to experience the extraordinary results it delivers.
3. Practicing Alternate Nostril Breathing
Practicing alternate nostril breathing has positive effects on mental health by reducing stress and anxiety. To practice alternate nostril breathing:
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Exhale completely and close your right nostril with your right thumb.
- Inhale through your left nostril and then close the left nostril with your right ring finger.
- Exhale through your right nostril.
- Inhale through the right nostril and then close it again.
- Open the left nostril and exhale through the left side.
- Continue for up to 2 min and gradually increase the practice to 5 min.
- Always complete the practice by exhaling from the left nostril.
Holistic Psychotherapist & Life Coach, Corporate Trainer
Dr. Irine Lekishvili is a well-known hypnotherapist, psychotherapist & trans-generational healer focusing on resolved inherited family programs through constellation therapy. Her goal is to spread this awareness and encourage individuals to explore their power from within. She guides the individual to tap into hidden patterns and programs that lie deep in the subconscious areas and resolves them through powerful healing techniques. What was once limiting their lives is miraculously released!