I’m not OK!
We have all experienced stress at some or the other point of time in life. However, stress experienced over a longer period of time leads to
excessive tiredness, exhaustion, and burnout.
‘Burnout’ is the stage of exhaustion where you feel mentally and emotionally so tired as if you have simultaneously picked up 20 kilos of
weight. However in reality you may have not even picked up 5 kilos. The exhaustion and its effects are real. If we don’t pay attention at the right
time and of the right kind it just builds issues even further increasing the intensity with every passing moment. For eg: we may end up feeling
highly frustrated, not at all motivated, depressed, become irritable, and much more. The highest intensity occurs when we start facing panic
attacks. A panic attack is a situation wherein the body’s system becomes numb, the brain is unable to process anything and the individual feels
completely helpless. These vary from individual to individual and last from a few minutes to even a few hours.
It is important to understand that the mind always tries to stay in its own comfort zone. The exposure to continuous stress for a longer period without adequate action makes it a safety zone for the individual. Now every single time an individual tries to move ahead, constant negative ruminative thoughts make the individual obsess further, creating more mental exhaustion, and so on. All of this information and the negativity in every situation gets further, creating more mental exhaustion, and so on.
All of this information and the negativity in every situation gets further stored in our subconscious mind. The subconscious has control when we are sleeping and that is for a limited time, where we don’t have complete control. Thus making it even more difficult for us to break this vicious cycle. Integrated Clinical Hypnotherapy (ICH) is a scientific modality that works with the subconscious mind helping us access the issues; deal with the root issue easily. You as the client are always in complete control over here and the therapist acts as a guide facilitating you. Hypnotherapy easily helps us take the vital step in breaking negative unnecessary patterns affecting us and helps us to harmoniously progress in life.
Few Tips to help Yourself out:
- Take slow deep breaths- they increase the blood flow, oxygen levels and help an individual relax
- Have more water- Helps in better grounding and also flushes out the unnecessary toxins from the body.
- Communicate with your friends and reach out.
- Spend time with your loved ones and family.
- Read good books/ Listen to podcasts on self-help, educate and empower yourself.
- Take time out to prioritize yourself and indulge in self-care.
- Consciously work on your past issues and problems by taking harmonious steps.
- Use Hypnotherapy to break your unconscious vicious negative patterns.
- Don’t get discouraged if some things don’t work out. Have faith and continue to hustle.
- Start that hobby you have wanted to since long and have been holding back on.
Zinnia H Bharucha
Holistic Psychologist and Relationship Counselor
Zinnia is the Co-owner and manager at Holistic Solutions from 2015 a premier organization that has been training, healing, and providing relief to several individuals, families, businesses, and communities for their overall development and progress in life over three decades. Zinnia believes in the give and gain philosophy and has been actively involved as a member of the Holistic Healing Foundation of India a public charitable trust instituted by her family for the noble purpose of encouraging and supporting people on their quest for physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing and development.