How to Stop Sabotaging Yourself?
Have I caught myself binge eating?
Am I procrastinating?
Do I lack consistency?
Am I focusing on self-defeating thoughts?
If the answer to any above is YES, then there’s a chance that you are engaging in self-sabotage.
What is Self Sabotage?
Self Sabotage occurs when we either consciously or unconsciously act in a way that blocks us from achieving our goals.
Procrastination, constant worrying, overthinking, addictions, and interpersonal conflicts are some of the signs of Self Sabotage.
Though we consciously and meticulously plan our lives in the desired direction, but we often end up in passive-aggressive combat with our own selves. It stops us from achieving our goals and dreams.
Why do we get in our own way?
This happens when –
1) Our dysfunctional and distorted belief systems, our judgment and our perspective puts us at war with our goals
2) Our self-care and connection to our inner self is lost
3) We try to carry or manage what is not ours – an ancestral and evolutionary adaptation
In simple terms, we allow the subconscious patterns and blocks to take charge of our conscious faculties.
How can we overcome Self Sabotage?
Hypnotherapy is one of the most effective and safest modalities that resolve Self Sabotage or Passive Aggressive Behavior.
We start to do so by –
1) Understanding the workings of the Human Mind – the conscious, the subconscious and the critical mind
2) Identifying our belief systems that no longer serve us
3) Finally by letting go of redundant belief systems and creating space for new belief systems and resources that supports our life goals.
In other words, we clear the patterns and programs that we have acquired or picked up consciously or unconsciously, which are creating blocks in achieving our life goals.
Arpita Mitra Gupta
Hypnotherapist and Mind Science Specialist
Arpita is a Hypnotherapist and Mind Science Specialist at Illuminations Well-being Center dedicated to assisting her clients to uncover their hidden blocks and patterns that are deeply embedded in their subconscious mind. She focuses on deep healing techniques that empower her clients to be free to choose and embrace a life that they aspire towards.
In her private consultations, Arpita focuses on healing through Hypnotherapy, Metaphor Therapy, Transpersonal Regression Therapy, and Family Constellations empowering her clients to take full responsibility for their lives. Her focus is to provide clarity for her clients to uncover their potential and inner power to propel personal growth. Her approach is based on compassion and self-empowerment.