How To Live In The Present: A LIFE HACK
Life, as we know, is all about choices and one of the best choices that you can make is the choice to live in the Present.
But, what does ‘Living in the Now’ really mean? To understand it very simply it is the ability to be completely aware and experience life as it unfolds every moment without getting tangled in the past nor being worried about the uncertainty of the future.
Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? So, with a strong desire and some simple exercises, you can train your mind to be in the Now.
The power of the breath is known to all of us, so I will share with you 2 simple Breathing exercises to initiate this process.
Spend a few minutes every day to practice this and gradually see the technique and effects become a way of your life.
Life, as we know, is all about choices and one of the best choices that you can make is the choice to live in the Present. But, what does ‘Living in the Now’ really mean?
Simply put it is the ability to be completely aware and experience life as it unfolds every moment without getting tangled in the past nor being anxious about the future. A life hack for those wanting to live life more meaningfully, mindfully, and happily.
Here are 5 TIPS TO LIVE IN THE PRESENT and Breathing Exercises to help you become self aware –
- Rewire Your Mind – Our minds often play against us, overthinking, hustling, chasing, and getting bored too easily. While it is normal for your mind to wander, in order to live in the moment you need your mind to focus on the present. Redirecting your mind can effectively enhance your mindset. Whenever you feel like your mind is getting distracted, gently try to bring it to the current moment. Acknowledge that your mind is wandering without judging yourself for doing so, and don’t get upset over it. As they say, “Try and try till you succeed” …and you’ll definitely proceed.
- Affirm & Re-Affirm – Affirmations are a game-changer as you learn to live in the present. Repeating phrases out loud or reiterating affirmations in the mind every hour can do the trick as well. Repeat sentences such as “The Present is all there is”, “Right now this moment is all that matters”, “All we have is Now”, etc. To go a step further, you can write them out and stick them to your work desk so every now and then you are prompted to be in the present moment.
- Change Routines – Sticking to a daily routine might get mundane and monotonous. Most often, we get so used to the tasks that we do them unconsciously. Revamping your daily routine for eg: doing one new thing every day can keep life exciting, and productive. This will naturally increase your consciousness levels, and help you stay present. Some ways in which you can bring in small and positive shifts are for instance – taking a different route for your evening walk, trying a new bedtime ritual, making new dishes for breakfast, etc.
- Meditate – Sitting in silence, with eyes closed is transformative. While others see you simply sitting, what you experience can be life-changing. Meditation is a great way to tame that wandering mind, and start living in the now. As you meditate, you practice observing your thoughts and simply watch them pass by whilst focusing on your breath. Perfecting the art of meditation might take years, but your best bet is to get guidance and indulge in some powerful meditation classes to keep you on the right track. Click here
- Live Mindfully – Being mindful will reap instant benefits as you become more self-aware of your day-to-day activities. Simple chores like mindfully eating and enjoying the food, consciously talking with your peers and family, attentively working, etc. will shape up your environment and every moment in a suitable way. Ensuring that you don’t multitask but focus on one task at a time will ensure efficiency and focus on the present task at hand.
The power of the breath is known to all of us, so here are two simple breathing exercises to train your mind – body – emotions. Spend a few minutes every day to practice this and gradually see the technique and effects become a way of your life, or perhaps even transform the way you live –
- Cleansing Breath: A beautiful way to release negativity like anger, stress, and frustration. Just close your eyes, and gently breathe in through the nose inhaling positive energy and blow out through the mouth exhaling negative energy or emotions. Repeat this cycle 21 times and then return to normal breathing.
- Awareness to Breath: As you resume your natural breathing pattern, feel the breath moving in and out of the body and become completely aware of this process. Every time you notice that your mind wanders off or starts to judge your experience, gently direct it back to the breath. Enjoy this process for a few minutes till you feel comfortable and it will start getting easier and more effective as you make it a regular practice.
If you wish to deepen your consciousness, gain clarity, and learn various other powerful meditation techniques, then enroll for our upcoming classes here.
Book A Free Consultation
Bharti Jatti Varma
Holistic Facilitator & Corporate Trainer
Bharti is a holistic therapist conducting various services on behalf of Illuminations Well-Being Center in Dubai. Bharti’s passion and communication skills make her extremely popular in front of larger audiences! She is also a chosen favorite with corporate programs due to her ability and flexibility to connect to anyone and everyone! With a Background in Psychology and a keen interest to explore the intricacies of the human mind, body and energy system, she began her study in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Spiritual Response, and Energy Healing Approaches.