How to Identify the Symptoms of Depression
There are a few common symptoms that underlie all forms of Depression and looking out for these symptoms in yourself and loved ones around you can often be the most important step in fighting this global epidemic!
At Illuminations Well-Being Center in Dubai, our therapist, Naamrata Gulrajani prepares a list of questions to help you identify the symptoms of depression so that you and our loved ones can get the help that you are looking for.
Take a look at our short list of questions and answer them. If they seem too familiar for yourself or someone you know, reach out to us for a more detailed consultation.
- Do you often feel like you are not worth anything?
- Do you often feel helpless in different situations and that no one can really help you?
- Is it difficult for you to fall asleep at night and stay asleep for a substantial period?
- Do you feel like you’ve been sleeping a lot more than you’re usually used to?
- Are you tired or fatigued most of the time and cannot seem to pin point a particular reason for it?
- Are you isolating yourself from loved ones around you? Do you feel like it is too much emotional labor to be around people?
- Do you not enjoy the activities that once used make you very happy?
- Have you noticed a change in your appetite? Do you not feel hungry anymore or have started eating way more than you used to?
- Are you unable to concentrate on a particular task (particularly something you’ve always done with ease)?
- Have you noticed an increase in your use of alcohol or other mood altering substances?
- Do you often feel anxiety and guilt that you cannot explain?
- Have you recently had thoughts about suicide or how it might ease your pain/suffering?
It’s okay to ask for help!Learn more about counseling and therapy for depression, by booking in for a free consultation with our qualified therapist, Naamrata Gulrajani
“Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” — Christopher Reeve