11 Relaxation Tips for Tired Bodies and Stressed Minds
Illuminations, is a Dubai-based well-being center offering a variety of different services based on holistic healing, mental well-being and personal growth.
Our goal is to empower you to detangle from the stressors of daily life and expand beyond your self-imposed limitations to create a happier and healthier life!
We introduce 11 Relaxation tips to destress from tired bodies and stressed minds!
1. Sit still and focus on your breathing:
Inhale slowly and deeply for eight seconds, then exhale slowly for eight seconds. Repeat this five or six times. It helps bring more oxygen to the brain.
2. Go for a walk around the block:
This will help you to breathe more deeply and improves circulation
Breathe deeply and think of a place that gives you comfort: a private beach, a garden, a cozy room.
4. Use Essential Oils:
such as lavender, geranium, sandalwood, neroli, and bergamot soothe and relax. Combinations of these oils can be used in either spray, roll-on or diffuser form.
5. Strike a deal with a trusted friend or co-worker to be stress-busting pals:
Whine! Bellyache about what’s making you feel stressed. Get really dramatic and by the end you may both find yourselves laughing hysterically.
6. Divide a piece of paper into two parts:
On the right side, list the stressors you may be able to change, and on the left, list the ones you can’t. Change what you can, and stop fretting over what you can’t.
7. Be clear about your limits, and stop trying to please everyone all the time:
Trying to do everything is a one-way ticket to serious stress.
8. Stretching loosens muscles and encourages deep breathing, which in turn helps you to relax:
Muscles tighten during the course of the day, and when we feel stressed out, the process accelerates.
9. Soaking in a tub full of warm water can work wonders when you’re feeling stressed:
The warm water relaxes you physically, loosening tight, stiff muscles. And, as a result, you relax mentally as well. Add some aromatic oils and some bath salts and your set.
10. It’s a proven fact that soothing music can be relaxing:
The type of music you choose is entirely up to you. Buy a CD featuring soft, modern ballads, gentle classics, smooth jazz, or Nature inspired music. When you feel stressed, pop the music into the player and let the music carry you away.
focusing the mind on a word, phrase, or idea and letting go of other thoughts with an attitude of passive acceptance for relaxation or making positive changes.