Holistic Approaches Include:
• Spiritual Psychotherapy
• Transactional Analysis
• Dream Work
• Psychological Astrology
• Metaphysical Counselling
• Energy Healing
• Angel Cards
Services Offered: Private Consultations, Individual and group therapy, Self Awareness and Personal Growth Workshops and Seminars, Meditations
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi
Certifications & Qualifications:
• Certification in TA, Gestalt, Dream work – Mind Mandala, Bombay
• Certification in Psychological Astrology – Spring Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre, Bombay
• Psychotherapy and Counselling Certification – Spring Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre, Bombay
• Self Awarenss Programs (Level 1, 2 and 3) – Spring Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre, Bombay
• Metaphysics, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Psychological Astrology – study and training – CASP
(Counselling and Suicide Prevention Centre, Bombay)
• Shamanism – Basic and Advanced, Bombay
• Pranic Healing - Level 1, Bombay
• Theta Healing – Level 1 and 2, Bombay
• Currently completing training in Family Constellation Work, Bombay
Shaan Khattau is a holistic psychotherapist for whom working with the human being as a whole – mind body and spirit is her calling. She began her journey at the age of 8. Osho was her first inspiration. At about the same age she stumbled on Eric Berne’s ‘Games people Play’ and could not understand her fascination for a book she could barely comprehend. Unknown to her the seed had been planted. Today Berne’s theories form the basis of much of her own work.
She began her educational and professional journey as an artist and filmmaker but simultaneously pursued her immense passion and hunger to understand her self. Being a keen observer of life, even within her work as a filmmaker, her primary interest was and remains a fascination with the human condition. Over the years as she continued her intensive self search it grew naturally into a full fledged career as a therapist and it became clear that this was her path.
For the past 20 years, Shaan has studied many disciplines, which she now integrates in her practice – western psychotherapy, metaphysics, psychological astrology, dream work, shamanism and eastern energy healing modalities. She has also worked with the Maori healers of New Zealand.
Within the psychological framework she merges the analytic therapy of Freud and Jung along with Transactional Analysis (TA) and Gestalt creating her own unique style, operating from a place of deep intuition. Within the first session she gets to the heart of you and from thereon it’s a deep unfolding of your truth – making way for you to return to yourself – more complete.
Shaan has a flair connecting with people and she can relate instantly and work with any person from any background. Her client base incorporates equal number of people locally and internationally. She works with individuals, couples, children and groups conducting workshops on self-awareness both in India and abroad.
Within each space, her desire is for each one to move beyond the conditioned self into greater authenticity, returning to our original blueprint of emotional health and freedom.
Her creative, metaphysical and psychological passion has helped shape her current practice as a therapist infusing her private sessions and workshops with intensity, creativity and adventure !
- “The one-on-one sessions with Shaan over two years during 2013-14 was a period that helped me recognize or come closer to who I really was, how the conflicts outside were mere representations of the conflicts within me, of insights into why so many painful patterns were repeating themselves in my life, and I came out of therapy feeling lighter, freer, and more connected with self, and also with a change in career that’s an expression of who I am.
Shaan has a way of leading the client deeper within through psychological and energetic interventions. I see her as a psychological healer.
Shaan and her work deserve recognition.” (Bombay)
- “Shaan was the answer to my long drawn search for a therapist who used metaphysical and spiritual principles as fervently as traditional psychotherapy. In my time with her I have made some huge strides on my path to self-discovery and healing. In addition to countless AHA and life changing moments, I started to understand not just my journey but more so my own role within it. It has been a beautiful unfolding albeit not always an easy one (to say the least). But having Shaan by your side (and she always is, in or out of session) has given me the courage and inspiration to persevere and carry on ! It has without doubt been my best investment of time, effort and resources – there is no better journey than the one that takes you back to you! Thank you Shaan for giving me the strength, support and courage to embark upon it with awareness and faith! (Bombay)
- “It has been a highly positive and transformative journey for me working with Shaan. She knows just how to get you to the places you need to get to in order to move forward from patterns you need to let go of. I like that Shaan uses a variety of techniques in her therapy, it means that there is always something that supports where you are in the moment. I’d highly recommend working with Shaan if you have the opportunity.” (Hong Kong)
- “Meeting Shaan accidentally was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. She pulled the curtains off my eyes and the mysteries of relationships with other people- family, friends, romantic relationships and especially with myself started to make real sense. Besides sharing her knowledge with great intuition and care she also motivated me to believe that change is possible for everyone and we do not need to be stuck to the same” hamster” wheel forever.” (Germany)
- “I recently got married and moved to a new country. I found it very hard to adjust to my new life and relate to people around me. This led me to feel excluded, lonely, and depressed. However meeting Shaan changed my life. She made me look into the past and analyse incidents with a different perspective, which helped me connect the dots to my present situation. She has been extremely encouraging, always pushing me to see the positive parts of my personality and embrace who I really am. She brings me closer to my truth and I leave every session with a little more purpose. Shaan breaks the mould of conventional therapy – she not only listens to your mind and body but also to your heart and soul.” (Dubai)